The Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade are laptop backpacks meant to keep your technology secure while also giving you space to store other items. Built to accommodate most 15 inch laptops, they are sleek, stylish and comfortable as well.
To help you decide if the Ogio Gambit or the Ogio Renegade is right for you, we’ve compared the two laptop backpacks in the categories of dimensions, laptop protection, comfort and features. We then follow up with a recommendation.
The Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade are both very light backpacks, each weighing only 3.5 pounds. This makes it especially nice if you have a lot of gear to carry around.
The Ogio Gambit has dimensions of 19.5 inches x 15 inches x 10.5 inches for height, width and diameter, and the Ogio Renegade has dimensions of 19.5 inches x 15 inches x 10.5 inches.
The inside pocket to store your laptop measure 15.5 inches x 10.5 inches x 1 inch for both the Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade.
The Ogio Gambit has a capacity of 1800 cubic inches while the Ogio Renegade boasts a capacity of 2050 cubic inches.
Most people who purchase a laptop backpack do so in order to ensure maximum protection for their laptops and both the Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade are aware of this.
The Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade have integrated foam panels throughout each backpack in order to keep all of your valuables protected.
The Ogio Renegade is a higher-end model and features a reactive suspension system (RSS) which cradles the laptop against damage if your backpack is dropped.
Creating an ergonomic mechanism to store your belongings while also keeping your back protected is very important when shopping for a laptop backpack.
Because the Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade are created by the same company they both use a hybrid unibody backpanel or HUB for ultimate comfort.
Both the Ogio Gambit and the Regnegade have increased their shoulder strap foam padding for ultimate comfort. The Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade both also have fully adjustable ergonomic shoulder straps that come with a molded protection zone.
Along with the laptop pocket, both the Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade have other features to store a whole host of accessories.
There is a padded pocket in both the Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade that accommodate either a mouse or digital camera.
The Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade have two zippered side utility pockets each as well as dual side water bottle holders. Both also come with a deluxe organization panel with a zippered stash pocket.
The Ogio Gambit and the both include a padded pocket that is the perfect size for an iPad or tablet.
As an added bonus the Ogio Renegade has an expandable phone pocket that is easily accessible.
The Ogio Gambit and the Ogio Renegade are laptop backpacks that have been manufactured similarly. They are both comfortable, both stylish, and both work to protect your belongings.
The Ogio Renegade, however, uses its advanced reactive suspension system. For a little more money, you can feel more at ease that your laptop will be protected from any accidental droppings.
Go with the Ogio Renegade. Investing a little more money in the safety of your laptop means not having to spend more money to replace it.
Other BACKPACKS Comparisons
- Osprey Manta 28 vs Osprey Manta 36: The details are in the Distance
- Gregory Z30 vs Gregory Z35: Finding out how much size matters
- Osprey Volt 75 vs Atmos AG 65: Why Settle for Second Best
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. Kestrel 32: Two top-notch adventure hiking backpacks
- Kelty Coyote 80 vs Kelty Red Cloud 90: Keeping it Light
- Osprey Stratos 36 vs Osprey Kestrel 38: Ultimate Hiking Backpacks
- Osprey Porter 46 vs Osprey Farpoint 40: All Service Backpacks
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Vulture ii: Two high quality and durable hiking backpacks from Maxpedition
- Ogio Gambit vs Ogio Renegade: Ultimate Protection for your Laptop
- Deuter Speed Lite 20 vs Osprey Talon 22: All in a Day’s Adventure
- Osprey Atmos AG 50 vs. 65: What are the differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?
- Osprey Volt 75 vs. Aether 70: Two great Osprey hiking backpack options
- Osprey Daylite vs Deuter Speed Lite: Lightweight Day Use
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Falcon ii: Which Maxpedition backpack is your ideal adventure companion?
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. 36: What are the similarities and differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?