For every day usage the Osprey Daylite and the Deuter Speed Lite are light weight, high capacity backpacks. They are sporty, colorful and made for adventures.
To help you decide between the Osprey Daylite and the Deuter Speed Lite, we compared the two in the categories of purpose, capacity, comfort and features and then follow with a recommendation.
The Osprey Daylite is made to be both a standalone backpack and a daypack that can be attached to other, larger, backpacks.
The Deuter Speed Lite backpack is made for all athletes that want a sleek look and enhanced weightlessness. It is marketed for all activities, from mountain running, cycling or Nordic walking.
The Osprey Daylite comes in one size and has a capacity of 13 litres. It is not meant for anything other than day trips.
The dimensions for the Osprey Daylite are 18 inches x 10 inches x 9 inches, for height, width and depth. It weighs 0.97 pounds.
The Deuter Speed Lite comes in three sizes. You can purchase the same style of backpack in 10 litres, 15 litres or 20 litres. What size should be purchased depends on what you plan on using your backpack for.
The dimensions for the 10 litre model are 16 inches x 9 inches x 5 inches, for the 15 litre model are 17 inches x 9 inches x 6.3 inches, and for the 20 litre model are 19 inches x 10 inches x 7.1 inches.
The 10 litre model weighs 12 ounces, the 15 litre model weighs 13 ounces and the 20 litre model weighs 1 pound 3 ounces.
The Osprey Daylite has a foam frame sheet and center stiffener that allows all loads to be spread from your back to your hips. There is a mesh back panel that keeps you dry, no matter how much of a sweat you work up.
The Osprey Daylite also features a removable hip belt that gives extra load stability while keeping things from getting too bulky.
The Deuter Speed Lite backpack features a Delrin U-Frame that is ultra-light and made from high strength polyamide. There are extra reinforcements at the bottom of the pack.
The chest strap for the Deuter Speed Lite is adjustable to fit all sizes of backpackers.
The Osprey Daylite has an easy access main compartment that features a large zippered panel. There are also side mesh pockets to hold water bottles and other needed accessories.
At the front of the Osprey Daylite backpack is a pocket with a mesh organizer and a key clip to keep smaller items secure.
The Deuter Speed Lite has a large main compartment with finger pull loops for easy zipper access. It also has side mesh pockets to quickly access water bottles or snacks.
There are also attachment loops on the Deuter Speed Lite for an optional helmet holder and 3M reflectors for safety.
While the Osprey Daylite can be used as an everyday backpack, it is made to accompany other Osprey backpacks as a day pack. The Deuter Speed Lite, however, can be used for all of your athletic needs.
This makes the Deuter Speed Lite the all-purpose backpack to choose.
Other BACKPACKS Comparisons
- Osprey Manta 28 vs Osprey Manta 36: The details are in the Distance
- Gregory Z30 vs Gregory Z35: Finding out how much size matters
- Osprey Volt 75 vs Atmos AG 65: Why Settle for Second Best
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. Kestrel 32: Two top-notch adventure hiking backpacks
- Kelty Coyote 80 vs Kelty Red Cloud 90: Keeping it Light
- Osprey Stratos 36 vs Osprey Kestrel 38: Ultimate Hiking Backpacks
- Osprey Porter 46 vs Osprey Farpoint 40: All Service Backpacks
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Vulture ii: Two high quality and durable hiking backpacks from Maxpedition
- Ogio Gambit vs Ogio Renegade: Ultimate Protection for your Laptop
- Deuter Speed Lite 20 vs Osprey Talon 22: All in a Day’s Adventure
- Osprey Atmos AG 50 vs. 65: What are the differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?
- Osprey Volt 75 vs. Aether 70: Two great Osprey hiking backpack options
- Osprey Daylite vs Deuter Speed Lite: Lightweight Day Use
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Falcon ii: Which Maxpedition backpack is your ideal adventure companion?
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. 36: What are the similarities and differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?