The Kelty Redwing 50 and the Osprey Farpoint 55 are both great options when it comes to hiking backpack. They are loaded with great features and are light enough for anyone to enjoy using. After conducting some research, we think that looking into the Kelty Redwing 50 and Osprey Farpoint 55 are certainly worth your time.
We’ve compiled information into four easy-to-read categories, as well as provided our overall product recommendation at the end of this article. The four categories are: overall product dimensions, color options, comfort features and additional features.
Overall Product Dimensions
The overall product dimensions for the Kelty Redwing 50 are 26” x 16” x 12”. The overall product weight is set at 3 lbs.
The Osprey Farpoint 55 comes in two sizes: small/medium and medium/large. The overall product dimensions for the small/medium size are 24” x 13” x 13”, with an overall weight of 3.75 lbs. The overall product dimensions for the medium/large size are 26” x 13” x 13”, with an overall weight of 3.9 lbs.
The Kelty Redwing 50 comes in four color options. They include Black, Garnet Red, Ponderosa Pine (teal and lime green), and Twilight Blue (midnight blue with bright blue).
The Osprey Farpoint 55 comes in three colors. They include Volcanic Grey, Jasper Red and Caribbean Blue.
The comfort features seen on the Kelty Redwing 50 include PerfectFit suspension, a dynamic AirFlow back panel and a LightBeam single aluminum body.
The comfort features seen on the Osprey Farpoint 55 include a LightWire suspension frame, dual compression straps and padded carrying handles.
The additional features for the Kelty Redwing 50 include the following features:
- Capable of top loading or panel loading through a hybrid-loading u-zipper design
- Hydration sleeve
- Inside organizers
- Side compression straps
- Ice axe and trekking poll loops
- Hide-away daisy chain and handle
- Sternum strap
- Hide-away waist belt
The additional features for the Osprey Farpoint 55 include the following features:
- StraightJacket compression straps for load stabilization
- Stowaway harness and hip belt
- Detachable Farpoint daypack
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Stowaway reserve spacer mesh harness
- Stowaway reverse spacer mesh back panel
- Stowaway reverse spacer mesh hip belt
- Adjustable sternum strap with a rescue whistle included
Overall Product Recommendation
Due to its versatility, the overall product recommendation goes to the Osprey Farpoint 55. This model has the ability to be used as a regular hiking backpack, can stow away many of its features to transform into a suitcase, and has a removable portion for a smaller, day pack use. With this high level of versatility, it was easy to decide on the Osprey Farpoint 55 as the overall recommended product.
One thing, however, that the Kelty Redwing 50 has going for it is the ability to top load or to load your items through a hybrid-loading u-zipper design. In addition, the Kelty Redwing 50 also features inside organizers. This is a great hiking backpack option if you like all of your items to stay neat and tidy, tucked away in their individual spaces.
Other BACKPACKS Comparisons
- Osprey Manta 28 vs Osprey Manta 36: The details are in the Distance
- Gregory Z30 vs Gregory Z35: Finding out how much size matters
- Osprey Volt 75 vs Atmos AG 65: Why Settle for Second Best
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. Kestrel 32: Two top-notch adventure hiking backpacks
- Kelty Coyote 80 vs Kelty Red Cloud 90: Keeping it Light
- Osprey Stratos 36 vs Osprey Kestrel 38: Ultimate Hiking Backpacks
- Osprey Porter 46 vs Osprey Farpoint 40: All Service Backpacks
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Vulture ii: Two high quality and durable hiking backpacks from Maxpedition
- Ogio Gambit vs Ogio Renegade: Ultimate Protection for your Laptop
- Deuter Speed Lite 20 vs Osprey Talon 22: All in a Day’s Adventure
- Osprey Atmos AG 50 vs. 65: What are the differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?
- Osprey Volt 75 vs. Aether 70: Two great Osprey hiking backpack options
- Osprey Daylite vs Deuter Speed Lite: Lightweight Day Use
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Falcon ii: Which Maxpedition backpack is your ideal adventure companion?
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. 36: What are the similarities and differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?
Other Kelty Redwing 50 Comparisons
- Kelty Redwing 50 vs. Osprey Farpoint 55: Which hiking backpack is your ideal adventure companion?
- Kelty Redwing 50 vs Kelty Redwing 44
- Kelty Redwing 50 vs Osprey Porter 46