As parents, you want an infant car seat that will give you peace of mind. Your child deserves a seat that won’t fail and will give them the smoothest car trip possible.
With that said, let’s look at two popular car seats, the Evenflo Tribute LX and the Cosco Scenera. Which is safer for your baby, which feels more comfortable, and which gives you more value for the price? Cosco tends to be more expensive, but is it worth it?
Let’s look at the reviews. Evenflo Tribute LX has a strong reception at 4.5 out of 5 stars, with 1,500+ reviews and counting.
Meanwhile, Cosco Scenera is a bit more mixed at 3.5 out of 5 stars, but the number of reviews are under 100? Is this justified? Let’s compare!
Weight and Weight Limit
Both car seats are lightweight, but the Evenflo Tribute LX is a bit bigger at 9.1 lbs. The Cosco Scenera, meanwhile, is 6.
Both have the same weight limit with 5 lbs being the minimum and 40 the maximum.
Overall, Cosco Scenera wins this one, but three pounds aren’t too much of a difference, especially since your baby’s probably heavier!
Evenflo boasts a seat made from 100% polyester, and is manufactured in the US, so you know there’s quality to it. Cosco is made a bit more cheaply, with the materials being thinner, and it’s manufactured in China.
Evenflo includes side support to make sure your baby is comfortable, and includes a pillow suited for toddlers. Cosco is lacking in this department.
Evenflo also includes shoulder harnesses, which are quite good if your baby wants to stretch their arms.
Finally, Eveneflo’s chair reclines to provide more comfort, but Cosco’s seat is rigid and does not.
Overall, it’s quite safe to say that Evenflo has this right in the bag.
The straps are one of the most important features when it comes to a car seat. Without sturdy straps, it could spell a disaster if there’s a car crash.
While both provide you with good harnesses, Evenflo’s straps seem a bit better. Cosco’s straps do come a bit tangled, so it can be a bit of an annoyance.
Evenflo comes in a few custom colors, allowing your child to ride in style. Cosco, meanwhile, just comes in one color, a darkish material.
Evenflo wins this one.
What Reviewers Are Saying
As we said, Evenflo’s reception is a star greater than Cosco’s, but it should be noted there are more reviews for Evenflo.
Many are praising Evenflo for its comfort and sturdiness, and while many like Cosco, there are more noticeable gripes. Some claim the seat is not comfortable, and they don’t feel like their kid is safe in the seat.
Overall, Evenflo wins.
By now, the choice should be simple. The Evenflo Tribute LX is the better seat, beating the Cosco Scenera in almost all fronts except weight. From what we read, it seems Cosco is better for a plane ride than a car trip.
Other BACKPACKS Comparisons
- Osprey Manta 28 vs Osprey Manta 36: The details are in the Distance
- Gregory Z30 vs Gregory Z35: Finding out how much size matters
- Osprey Volt 75 vs Atmos AG 65: Why Settle for Second Best
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. Kestrel 32: Two top-notch adventure hiking backpacks
- Kelty Coyote 80 vs Kelty Red Cloud 90: Keeping it Light
- Osprey Stratos 36 vs Osprey Kestrel 38: Ultimate Hiking Backpacks
- Osprey Porter 46 vs Osprey Farpoint 40: All Service Backpacks
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Vulture ii: Two high quality and durable hiking backpacks from Maxpedition
- Ogio Gambit vs Ogio Renegade: Ultimate Protection for your Laptop
- Deuter Speed Lite 20 vs Osprey Talon 22: All in a Day’s Adventure
- Osprey Atmos AG 50 vs. 65: What are the differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?
- Osprey Volt 75 vs. Aether 70: Two great Osprey hiking backpack options
- Osprey Daylite vs Deuter Speed Lite: Lightweight Day Use
- Maxpedition Condor ii vs. Falcon ii: Which Maxpedition backpack is your ideal adventure companion?
- Osprey Stratos 34 vs. 36: What are the similarities and differences between these two Osprey hiking backpacks?
Other Evenflo Tribute LX Comparisons
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Sureride DLX
- Evenflo Tribute LX vs Evenflo Tribute Sport
- Evenflo Tribute LX Vs. Cosco Scenera: Which Seats Sets Better?